This main floor received a significant overhaul, thanks to our team! Before we started the home renovation for this client, their three-bedroom home had a very familiar layout. However, just because it was familiar doesn’t mean it didn’t need some help. The interior walls were blocking the flow, and the ample-sized kitchen felt small due to the kitchen’s shape and the layout of the peninsula.
The wall removal provides main floor renovation with total openness
As part of our initial interior design consultations and meetings, we recommended a wall removal to alter the space drastically – and for the better. The wall we wanted to remove wasn’t load-bearing, so this home was a great candidate for an open-concept layout. Removing the walls that compartmentalized the space let us recapture valuable main floor square footage and enlarge the kitchen.
Without the walls, the kitchen renovation could include an island
With the walls gone, we could accommodate a grand kitchen island – the centrepiece of the renovated kitchen space – precisely what the homeowners craved! We helped our clients incorporate personality into every inch of the kitchen renovation – from the duo-tone countertops, natural white oak accented custom range hood, the mixture of metals with brushed nickel and satin brass accents in the hardware and lighting, and the impact of glass featured in the dining space chandelier and display cabinet.
Even with the beauty included in the space, the kitchen renovation remains highly functional – perfect for everyday family living. This includes touches like an appliance garage, a high-end Delta stainless faucet and pot filler, and a sizeable utilitarian farmhouse sink.
We reimagined their fireplace with a new surround, gas fireplace, and functional storage. The uniquely custom tile fireplace creates a sense of coziness and provides views in this home that are equally impressive from either side of the island.
We refreshed every room as part of this home renovation
We completely updated the main bathroom to be fun and family-friendly and added a needed second bathroom in the basement. We then personalized each bedroom to suit the homeowners and their two young children. This house has become their dream home, and we had a wonderful time creating it for them!
Details of renovation materials, products, and paint colours are listed below
- Flooring – Evoke LVT in the colour of Kyle (white oak look)
- Cabinets – Shaker doors painted decorator white and coventry grey island w/ white oak accents and fireplace built-ins
- Countertops – The island is Vicostone: Bahia; with a second countertop material for the perimeter using Vicostone: Milky White
- Delta stainless faucet and pot filler
- Fireplace – Enviro Gas insert with white oak mantle and textured white picket tile from Ames
The bathroom renovation includes the following product details:
- Bathroom countertops are Vicostone: Milky White
- Flooring: Mannington sheet vinyl in Miramar mist
- Delta Trinsic faucets
- Brushed gold mirror with edge detail
- Classic marble-looking shower tile that was custom-installed with a shampoo niche and glass shower doors
All paint throughout the home renovation is Benjamin Moore in the following colours
- Main areas – pale oak
- Basement bath – stone
- Primary bedroom accent wall – hale navy
- Girls’ room – antique pearl with framed wallpaper detail
- Boys’ room – pale oak with lush on the accent wall
Bathroom Renovation/Interior Design/Kitchen Renovation/Whole Home Renovation/
Kitchen Renovation, Bathroom Renovations, Multiple Bedroom Renovations
Home interior design
Kitchen renovation with island
Kitchen interior design
Bathroom interior design
Main floor renovation
Basement bathroom renovation
Bedroom refresh and updates