Our clients wanted a bright, inviting space with a contrasting bold edge yet at ease style. The interior design choices – from the natural marble backsplash to the warm hues featuring woodgrain to tri-coloured cabinets – invite you into the home while delivering a visual feast. Included in the main floor home renovations are updates to the great room, a bathroom renovation, and a full kitchen remodel (check out the “Before” photos further down).
A kitchen renovation full of sunshine
The kitchen and great room are where the major transformation happened! We completely reimagined the space by removing a wall and reconfiguring the placement of the windows and doors along the back of the house. We wanted natural sunlight to pour into the space, and our clients are delighted.
The reconfiguration of the kitchen design allowed us to center activities around a perfect statement island topped with unique ocean-blue natural quartzite. As useful as it is beautiful to look at – between the double under-mount kitchen sink with Delta faucet, adjacent cooktop, and cabinets with spice rack organization – makes creating meals in this kitchen a breeze.
Well-thought-out storage is in abundance in this kitchen renovation
An additional slim closet and storage in the dining room with a wine rack make the ideal spot to pour guests a drink. Many of the kitchen cabinets feature inserts or custom-built shelving, such as the pantry cabinet or pull-out lazy susan for small appliances. Along with kitchen cabinet accessories, we squeezed in hidden storage at the back of the island, letting this family keep everything they need stylishly out of sight yet easily accessible!
Mid-century design vibes with traditional touches in contrasting warm and cool tones
The warm and cool tones play off each other creating a style that incorporates both traditional touches and the client’s mid-century modern style furniture. We reoriented the great room layout, creating a new focal wall with custom built-ins and a linear electric fireplace – quintessential for winter cozyiness.
The new entry bench and storage drawers help catch the mess before it can spill into the rest of the home! The trick to doing an open concept properly is ensuring adequate storage and proper zones for activities, so custom cabinetry was essential to making this space work.
Not to be outdone by the rest of the home, in the bathroom we maximized this busy family’s space by adding a double sink and giving them a timeless subway tiled shower. The room blends a contemporary and soft colour palette with traditional touches and tactile finishes, such as the concrete finish countertops and weathered metal mirrors.
The full list of materials and finishes we used for the kitchen renovation and bathroom renovation are listed below.
- Cabinets – a combination finish of decorator white and clear white oak wood grain with the island painted gentry blue for added pop of colour
- Countertops – around the perimeter is Vicostone Arctic white with natural stone; the island has Ocean Blue Quartzite and throughout the kitchen there is a natural marble subway tile backsplash,
- Fixtures – Delta faucet and hardware in matte black; island pendants in brushed nickel with clear glass shades
- Flooring – Mannington Adura in southern oak natural
- Wall colour – Pale Oak by Benjamin Moore
- Cabinets – Decorator white finish
- Countertops – Omnia lunar white quartz
- Fixtures – Delta trinsic chrome plumbing fixtures
- Custom installed shower tile – matte white subway tile with light charcoal grout
- Wall colour – Grey Owl by Benjamin Moore
- Accessories – Vintage style mirrors with a weathered frame and wood accent shelves in warm grey tone
Bathroom Renovation/Interior Design/Kitchen Renovation/Whole Home Renovation/
Kitchen Renovation, Great Room Renovation, Bathroom Renovation
Home interior design
Kitchen renovation with island
Kitchen interior design
Bathroom interior design
Main floor renovation
Great room Renovation