A well-deserved refresh was needed for this small, hard-working kitchen – which had seen it’s fair share of use over the years!
Meeting our client’s kitchen renovation requirements
When creating the plan for this kitchen renovation, which is a Hammerdown signature, we met the three primary reasons the homeowners wanted to renovate:
- To create a beautiful space within the floor space available within their home
- Updating with a specific goal to ensure the home would increase in value
- Ensuring our renovation plan is budget-friendly
To get us started, due to extensive wear, we replaced the subfloor and installed a new, durable luxury vinyl tile. While the walls were open, we re-insulated the exterior helping the home capture and retain heat with less drafts. And finally, when redesigning the floor plan we subtly widened the entryways into the kitchen, making fantastic use of the natural light, while making the space feel larger.
Checking all the boxes with this kitchen renovation
With the tweaks to the new layout in place, we were able to add more counter space and functional storage – which were at the top of our client’s wish list! We outfitted the older style pantry with custom fitted cabinets, added a telephone / paperwork center to keep clutter at bay, and updated the lighting to give our client flexibility throughout the day.
For the interior design, we selected aesthetics that were neutral and bright in a range of textures. Throughout the kitchen renovation, we upgraded all of the finishes and fixtures with durable materials that will lasts for decades to come.
- Cabinets – “Chill” slab melamine
- Handles – Richelieu edge pulls in champagne bronze
- Counters – Formica “Ice Onyx”
- Backsplash – Ames Nurura in frost matte
- Floors – Mannington Adura in riviera island
- Walls – Sherwin Williams fresh zest
- Faucet – Bristol Vega in brushed nickel
All of the work we did for sweet little kitchen renovation is a perfect fit for the owners and their home!